- IN THIS ISSUE:
To download and read the full newsletter, click here
- Marijuana-Related Businesses - To Bank or Not to Bank? What to consider before proceeding with MRB relationships.
- Strategic Planning - Have you Considered? Points to consider on your path to success.
- Regulatory Exams - Top Findings highlighted at 2019 Heartland Compliance Conference.
- Varney Tax Tip - S Corp Basis
- Varney Kudos - Celebrating accomplishments from faces you should know.
State and Local Sales/Use tax rate changes have changed effective 10.1.19
Governor Kelly appointed Julie Spiegel, Manhattan, to the Board of Accountancy.
The board licenses and regulates certified public accountants, and is authorized to carry out the laws and administrative regulations governing CPAs. The board is disciplinary and has the authority to conduct investigations.
“The Board of Accountancy is instrumental in maintaining a quality workforce of CPAs," Kelly said. “Julie is passionate about her work, and has professional experience both as an auditor and as an accountant. I am confident she will serve the state well.”
Spiegel, is an owner of Varney and Associates, CPAs, LLC. Previously, she was the vice president of business services at Frontier Farm Credit. Spiegel holds a Bachelor of Science in accounting and business administration from the University of Kansas. She has been a certified public accountant since 1997.
The governor appoints all seven members to the board, and her appointments are not subject to Senate confirmation.
State and Local Sales/Use tax rate changes have changed effective 7.1.19
- IN THIS ISSUE:
- Revenue Recognition - Accounting for Other Real Estate Owned
- Keeping it in house - is that the right answer? What to look for to effectively outsource relationships.
- Flood Insurance - Changes to federal flood insurance legislation effective July 1, 2019
- Varney Tax Tip - Deduction for entertainment expenses
- There's a new face at Varneys - Get to know our newest team member Katie Brenneman.