Varney & Associates, CPA’s, LLC has an excellent career opportunity for a Staff Accountant interested in Client Accounting Services to become a key business partner with our clients. As a Staff Accountant, you will perform accounting services and consulting for our firm’s clients. Join our growing and successful firm where you are offered opportunities to build your skills in a supportive environment. If you enjoy working on a team with talented and knowledgeable individuals that care about their clients and enjoy their work – Varney’s is the place for you. Our Client Accounting Services team boasts tremendous growth, variety in the workday, great benefits, and advancement opportunities!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare live payroll, quarterly and year end payroll tax returns.
- Various accounting services to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, accounting software adjustments, monthly reconciliation of bank and credit cards and QuickBooks consulting.
- Maintain an exceptional relationship with clients to increase customer happiness and working with client management and staff at all levels to perform accounting services.
- Collaborate with your client accounting services team to identify and resolve client issues.
- Manage payroll and accounting services projects for multiple client engagements in a variety of industries.
- Collaborate and assist client accounting services team members on a variety of projects.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business or equivalent experience
- Live payroll processing and accounting services experience a plus
- QuickBooks desktop and QuickBooks Online experience a plus
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards
- Develop client relationship and maintains smooth working relationships
- Highly motivated individual with ability to multitask and complete assignments within budget and deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also collaborate, as a team, with owners and staff
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients adhering to strict confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Professionalism, reliability and integrity
- Proficient in Windows-based computers and Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Desire for a long-term career to grow with us in our Manhattan, Kansas office
Benefits & Compensation
We offer an excellent compensation package, commensurate with education, experience and professional development including:
- Comprehensive health and dental coverage
- 401(k) participation
- Work Life balance, flexible scheduling
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance available
- Flexible spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Professional development & Continuing Education
- Membership dues to professional & civic organizations
- Firm paid disability insurance plan
- Wellness benefit
- Performance bonuses
Benefit Conditions – waiting period may apply
We follow CDC and Riley County Health Department Guidelines regarding Covid-19 in our operation to keep our employees and clients as safe as possible.
Interested Applicants should submit a Cover Letter and Resume for consideration.