Varney & Associates, CPA’s, LLC has an excellent career opportunity for a senior level accountant interested in the financial institution industry to become a key business partner with our clients. As a Senior accountant, you will perform compliance, audit, and consulting engagements for financial institutions. Join our growing and successful firm where you are offered opportunities to build your skills in a supportive environment. If you enjoy working on a team with talented and knowledgeable individuals that care about their clients and enjoy their work – Varney’s is the place for you. Our Financial Institution team boasts tremendous growth, variety in the workday, great benefits, and advancement opportunities!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform compliance reviews, bank and trust director’s examinations, loan reviews, and financial statement audits.
- Perform Internal control reviews, assist with regulatory filings, strategic planning, merger and acquisition projects, and other consulting projects.
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews.
- Maintain an exceptional relationship with clients to increase customer happiness and working with client management and staff at all levels to perform audit services.
- Collaborate with your audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during the audit process.
- Research and analyze financial statements and audit issues utilizing electronic databases and employing audit software to review and compile financial information.
- Actively engage with key client management to collect information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 2+ years of Public Accounting experience
- 1 year of audit, compliance or financial institution or relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business or equivalent experience
- CPA license preferred, but not required
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
- Build client relationship and maintains smooth working relationships
- Highly motivated individual with ability to multitask and complete assignments within budget and deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also collaborate, as a team, with owners and staff
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients adhering to strict confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Professionalism, reliability and integrity
- Financial institution knowledge accounting or regulatory experience a plus
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis to out-of-town clients and ability to work additional hours as needed
- Proficient in Windows-based computers and Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles
- Demonstrated experience manager, mentoring, coaching and training staff
- Strong leadership skills with a positive team player attitude
Benefits & Compensation
We offer an excellent compensation package, commensurate with education, experience and professional development including:
- Comprehensive health and dental coverage
- 401(k) participation
- Work Life balance, flexible scheduling
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance available
- Flexible spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Professional development & Continuing Education
- Membership dues to professional & civic organizations
- Firm paid disability insurance plan
- Wellness benefit
- Performance bonuses
Benefit Conditions – waiting period may apply
We follow CDC and Riley County Health Department Guidelines regarding Covid-19 in our operation to keep our employees and clients as safe as possible.